Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP) seeks auxiliary patrollers for the 2015-2016 season
The CSP Eastern Townships Zone is currently seeking candidates for its Auxiliary Patrol program this season at Mont Orford , Owl's Head & Bellevue.
What is the auxiliary patrol program?
This is a program that allows skiers and snowboarders to join the ranks of the Canadian Ski Patrol without advanced first aid training. The auxiliary patrol will receive on-snow training which will allow them to perform many duties, with the exception of first aid, related to regular patrolling. It is also a stepping stone to the full training required become a full member of the CSP.
- 18 years or older as of December 31st, 2015;
- A ski or snowboard ability that enables you to patrol the entire mountain;
- Be available on weekends during the winter season and available fulfill an predetermined on-duty roster, regardless of the weather conditions.
- Patrolling the trails and helping skiers and snowboarders in difficulties;
- Performing prevention activities for skiers and snowboarders;
- Assisting with the morning and afternoon "SWEEP" (opening & closing the trails);
- Securing trails as directed by the ski centre management;
- Assist in the management of patrol accident sites;
- Other related tasks.
- Ski or ride for free when you are on-duty;
- Access to facilities at the hill normally reserved for patrol;
- Enjoy new experiences while practicing your favorite sport!